Where does it all begin? A young or already adult artist understands that the time had passed when constant lessons were needed. Drawing has become an integral part of my life. I have interesting works that I want to share with the world. It is how the idea of participating in the exhibition comes. We reveal five secrets to the first and immediately successful exhibition.
Step 1: Determine a personal goal for participation in the exhibition
People have different goals when showing their creations. Someone might want to be brave and show themselves and see others. Others might need help from someone who is not biased. And some people are just looking to sell what they made. Depending on what you want, find the right platform to show your work – like a showroom. Consider the features of your location, find out what kind of exhibitions are usually held in it, and make a choice
Step 2: Choose a site and calculate the costs
There are many art exhibitions and competitions at the same time, and paintings can travel around the world even without an artist. But before you decide where to exhibit, you must find out how much it all costs
- Live and online exhibitions.
- International, national, or regional.
- Stationary or mobile.
- Personal, group, collective.
- Thematic, genre.
- Paid and free.
Step 3: Prepare all the necessary documents
Every competition and exhibition requires a certain list of documents. The main thing is to decide how to send them. Here are some tips on how you can do this, depending on the situation:
- If it is only necessary to submit photographs of your work – email them.
- For an online showroom – prepare the necessary images of the work and fill out the application form.
- For individual exhibitions, you need to submit a detailed portfolio with information about yourself, as well as photographs of each artwork.
- For competitions or shows in galleries or museums, providing an artist’s statement explaining why your work needs attention is important.
Step 4: Get feedback
When you have shown your work, do not forget to evaluate the results and ask for feedback. You can contact the organizers or viewers of the exhibition to receive honest reviews about what they liked or didn’t-didn’t like. It will help you understand the show’s success and how to improve it next time.
Step 5: Analyze the results
Analyzing the exhibition results is important in determining what went wrong and what was done right. It will help you improve your work in the future. Record all feedback, sales information, and other exhibition data to understand its success better.
Once you have completed these five steps, your first successful exhibition will be behind you, and you can move on to the next one.